Friday, May 6, 2011

Inspiration/Ideas

Arriving back from the Hirshorn field trip, I have seen a few pieces of artwork that had inspired me to create something of my own. One of those were the dark rooms with prolonged clips of scenery of a large screen placed on a wall in the way of a projector. One of those dark rooms were just a dark room with a wall lit with red lighting with a vertical beam of green light on the left side, giving off the illusion that the wall is slanted when it isn't. Another piece of artwork was a picture of lips forming a tiled-like pattern, and another piece is a very obscure picture of a woman. However, I do not know the creators of these pieces, but the dark rooms have inspired me the most. In this case, I plan to do something that involves city landscapes, night-life, nature, and space, something that brings out a vivid imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment